The Entrepreneur’s Advisor® was founded on the firm belief that our future rests in the hands of entrepreneurs, innovators and those people willing to take the risks necessary to reshape the world a better place.
By helping others find the best resources and mentors for taking their ideas from concept to fruition, The Entrepreneur’s Advisor® has become a trusted source of information.
The Globalization of Innovation
The globalization of innovation has meant that anyone with an internet connection has access to the enormous amount of ideas being generated all over of the world.
Sadly, it also means the bright minds of today are now in the crosshairs of every scammer or fraudulent advisor that is claiming false expertise, knowledge or access to capital.
You, the entrepreneur and innovator have a choice as to how you navigate between the good and the bad. You can think you are the smartest person in the room and try to do everything yourself or you can reach out for help.
At The Entrepreneur’s Advisor®, we can try to point you the right direction for free (time allowing) or when the free advice is not enough, we offer a variety of guidance packages. These include:
General Scope of Services for Entrepreneurs, Innovators and Professional Practices
- Pay-As-You-Think: You may ask questions and/or obtain help featuring no long-term commitment. Initial consultations are free, however questions requiring research on the part of The Entrepreneur’s Advisor® or consultations past the first hour can be obtained using our unique Pay-As-You-Go program. This program is designed to minimize your cash outlay but answer critical questions to keep you on the right track to success.
- Project/Implementation Assistance: Includes planning, analysis, hands-on implementation, turnarounds, growth and exit strategies, work flow analysis, client management, blog setup/writing training, staff development/analysis and designing culture change.
- Mentoring: Our founder is an approved mentor at several business incubators and universities. When you choose a mentor relationship with us you are getting access to the full resources of The Entrepreneur’s Advisor®.
Why Choose The Entrepreneur’s Advisor®
Our founder, Stuart W Smith M.B.A, M.S. Entrepreneurship in Applied Technologies, has over 30 years of experience with new ventures, corporate initiatives, and coaching His know-how originates from a unique familiarity forged between being an entrepreneur and C-Level wisdom.
You can have a more detailed list of qualifications but the reality is, when you are looking for advisor or mentor to help you it is very important that you find someone you can connect with on both a professional and personal level. If you do not fully trust the person you are asking for help from then we believe you should walk away and keep searching.
Trust is a two way street. It is the philosophy of The Entrepreneur’s Advisor® to only do business with professionals dedicated to bringing their idea to business fruition yet are open to input from others. We will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.
Just as importantly, the advisor you seek should have actual real life entrepreneurial experience in starting and running a company. This is where we separates ourselves from other professionals. Outside of their own practice, Accountants, Attorneys, Financial Advisors and Life Coaches rarely have performed the grunt work necessary to get a new or disruptive technology venture off the ground and running.
The Entrepreneur's Advisor®, on the other hand, has done almost every conceivable task in launching a new venture. If you are in need of an advisor or operations partner ask them how much experience they have in the following 10 areas:
Ten Areas Entrepreneur Advisors Should Have Experience With
The preceding list was not meant to be all inclusive, but it should help you define what you are looking for. More importantly, the preceding list will eliminate the vast majority of people looking for a percentage of your company for lame advice. With The Entrepreneur’s Advisor® your organization gets the real deal.
Let's talk - tell us a little about your needs.
- Completing a financial budget from the ground up, including start up capital, cash flow management and banking.
- Researching and creating business and strategic plans. Do they have both the education and the real world experience to help.
- Their knowledge of Intellectual Capital, Intellectual Property and Intellectual Assets. Includes their ability to develop new markets for IP.
- Actual operations and sales experience at all levels especially the front lines. Start up companies need real help not Ivory Tower armchair quarterbacking.
- Cleaning their own office. This may sound dumb, but you want someone not afraid to get their hands dirty.
- Customer service or exceeding customer expectations.
- How they have created a fun/innovative work environment in the past. New companies can not afford to have turnover and must have the right innovative environment to attract great talent.
- Handling adversity. Do they thrive on the challenge of a changing environment or do they get discouraged when things don't go quite as well as planned?
- Hiring and firing people or other HR related functions such as payroll, risk management or benefit administration.
- The use of technology. Whether it is the web for internet marketing or familiarity of computers that enables them to help plan technology use.